My colleague shared this story with me recently:
When she was a freshman in college, she sent home a Christmas letter addressed “Dear Santa” and #1 on the list was “Money for alcohol (Colt 45).” Santa’s response, which her roommate posted on the wall, thus christening the Wall of Shame: “Better luck next year.”
Funds for beer were of paramount concern while in college, until it came time upon graduation to find a job, which would also mainly serve to fund rent and bar tabs.
This is my wish list this year:
- Refinance condo to offset property tax increases
- Lower property taxes
- Repairs due to Hurricane Sandy to remain within condo association budget so my maintenance fees don’t increase too much
- Money and time to install shelves in the linen closet
- Money and time to replace ceiling tiles in kitchen
New computer[purchased first non-Apple computer = big step]
- A pony
- Benefactor who will cover pony housing and care
It’s amazing what 10 years will do.